struts-user mailing list archives

From Jani Heinonen <jani.heino...@hotelzon.com>
Subject EL tag libraries and MessageResources
Date Mon, 29 Dec 2003 15:59:26 GMT
Hi,

I searched the mailing list archives and the bugzilla database, but couldn't
find an answer, so please excuse me if this is a FAQ.

I am unable to compile any JSP that uses any of the html-el tags under the
embedded Tomcat in Netbeans 3.5.1. The stacktrace follows:

bean-cookie.jsp [-1:-1] java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
        at
org.apache.strutsel.taglib.html.ELHtmlTagBeanInfo.class$(ELHtmlTagBeanInfo.j
ava:88)
        at
org.apache.strutsel.taglib.html.ELHtmlTagBeanInfo.getPropertyDescriptors(ELH
tmlTagBeanInfo.java:88)
        at
java.beans.Introspector.getTargetPropertyInfo(Introspector.java:459)
        at java.beans.Introspector.getBeanInfo(Introspector.java:372)
        at java.beans.Introspector.getBeanInfo(Introspector.java:144)
        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagCache.setTagHandlerClass(TagCache.java:116)
        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagBeginGenerator.init(TagBeginGenerator.java:146
)
        at
org.netbeans.modules.web.jspparser.AnalyzerParseEventListener.addGenerator(A
nalyzerParseEventListener.java:154)
        at
org.netbeans.modules.web.jspparser.AnalyzerParseEventListener.handleTagBegin
(AnalyzerParseEventListener.java:962)
        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.DelegatingListener.handleTagBegin(DelegatingListe
ner.java:221)
        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.DelegatingListener.handleTagBegin(DelegatingListe
ner.java:216)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser$Tag.accept(Parser.java:878)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:1145)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:1103)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:1099)
        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.ParserController.parse(ParserController.java:214)
        at
org.netbeans.modules.web.jspparser.JspParserImpl.callTomcatParser(JspParserI
mpl.java:126)
        at
org.netbeans.modules.web.jspparser.JspParserImpl.analyzePage(JspParserImpl.j
ava:93)
        at
org.netbeans.modules.web.core.jsploader.JspDataObject.createCompiler(JspData
Object.java:297)
        at
org.netbeans.modules.web.core.jsploader.JspCompilerSupport.addToJob(JspCompi
lerSupport.java:62)
        at
org.openide.actions.AbstractCompileAction.prepareJobFor(AbstractCompileActio
n.java:361)
        at
org.openide.actions.AbstractCompileAction.prepareJobFor(AbstractCompileActio
n.java:329)
        at
org.openide.actions.AbstractCompileAction.compileNodes2(AbstractCompileActio
n.java:132)
        at
org.openide.actions.AbstractCompileAction.performAction(AbstractCompileActio
n.java:45)
        at
org.openide.util.actions.NodeAction$DelegateAction.actionPerformed(NodeActio
n.java:431)
        at org.netbeans.core.ModuleActions$1.run(ModuleActions.java:97)
        at org.openide.util.Task.run(Task.java:136)
        at
org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Task.run(RequestProcessor.java:328)
        at
org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Processor.run(RequestProcessor.java:670)
        at
org.apache.struts.util.MessageResources.getMessageResources(MessageResources
.java:577)
        at org.apache.struts.taglib.html.HtmlTag.<clinit>(HtmlTag.java:96)
        ... 31 more
Errors compiling bean-cookie.

What could be wrong? I get this with my own application, as well as the
strutsel-exercise-taglib webapp where this example is from. We're also
having the same problem deploying the application under WLS 7.0 and 8.1.