struts-user mailing list archives

From "Andrew Hill" <andrew.david.h...@gridnode.com>
Subject RE: BUG!!! FormFile
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2003 09:31:25 GMT
Did you remember to make it a multipart form???
(And use input type="file" in the page?)

-----Original Message-----
From: Ben Janes [mailto:bej@se.bluewave.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 17 December 2003 17:28
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: BUG!!! FormFile

Hi

Further to my other mail I have tracked the source of my problem here....
org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtils#setSimpleProperty

The problem is that when you submit a form, with a file element and the user
has left the file
elemet blank, it crashes.... The altered code below from line 1773 in
PropertyUtils gives the
following output just before the error

descriptor.getWriteMethod():1:public void
com.meganexus.networking.struts.form.ChangeContactForm.setPhoto(org.apache.s
truts.upload.FormFile)
descriptor.getWriteMethod():2:public void
com.meganexus.networking.struts.form.ChangeContactForm.setPhoto(org.apache.s
truts.upload.FormFile)
params:interface org.apache.struts.upload.FormFile,value.getClass():class
java.lang.String

So as you can see, the program expects a FormFile parameter, but gets a
String....  Major error I
think

        // Retrieve the property setter method for the specified property
        PropertyDescriptor descriptor =
                getPropertyDescriptor(bean, name);
        if (descriptor == null) {
            throw new NoSuchMethodException("Unknown property '" +
                    name + "'");
        }

System.out.println("descriptor.getWriteMethod():1:"+descriptor.getWriteMetho
d().toString());
        Method writeMethod = getWriteMethod(descriptor);

System.out.println("descriptor.getWriteMethod():2:"+descriptor.getWriteMetho
d().toString());

        if (writeMethod == null) {
            throw new NoSuchMethodException("Property '" + name +
                    "' has no setter method");
        }
        System.out.print("params:");
        Class [] cls=writeMethod.getParameterTypes();
        for (int i=0;i<cls.length;i++) {
            System.out.print(cls[i].toString()+",");
        }
        System.out.println();
        // Call the property setter method
        Object values[] = new Object[1];
        values[0] = value;
        System.out.println("value.getClass():"+value.getClass());
        writeMethod.invoke(bean, values);
}

struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Benjamin A. Janes