struts-user mailing list archives

From "Martin Gainty" <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Generate Java class from xml?
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2003 00:35:52 GMT
Castor (http://www.castor.org) which generate the java classes with marshall
and unmarshall methods, but it is not finished, doesn't care to namespaces,
owns severals bugs ...

The second one is Xml Spy 5.0, it generate classes from an xsd file which
wrap on the Dom Tree, but all facets are not implemented as enumeration ...
but I think that a better version will come soon. Generates JAXP compliant
Java Beans
http://www.altova.com/features_java.html

-Martin

----- Original Message -----
From: "Vicky" <javaxmlsoapdev@yahoo.com>
To: <struts-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2003 2:01 PM
Subject: Generate Java class from xml?

> Does anyone have an idea of how i can generate .java file from xml file?
Tools like jakrata digester, JOX are there but both of them are useful in
populating java beans from xml. My requirement is to generate .java file
from .xml with getters and setters methods for xml elements/attributes. I
also tried JAXB. But JAXB generates bunch of files and most of them are
interfaces, which is not going to work for me.

> For e.g. i have following xml file and i want to generate Address.java
file with getters/setters. Any ideas?