struts-user mailing list archives

From "Martin Gainty" <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Struts internal error
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2003 00:49:34 GMT
A wild guess in your jsp are you declaring any Properties such as
private Properties elementMap = null;

In that case you want to make sure you have mutators (set) and
accessors(get) methods set up for elementMap declared in your form
Would be helpful to look at the entire jsp

-Martin
Message -----
From: "Julien Martin" <julien-martin@wanadoo.fr>
Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2003 2:06 PM
Subject: Struts internal error

> Thank you Jonathan,
> I figured this out myself but I don't know how to sort it out...  Can you
> help?
> Julien.

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.access$000(ApplicationFilter
> > Chain.java:98)
> > at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain$1.run(ApplicationFilterChain
> > .java:176)
> > at

> > ain.java:172)
> > at

> > va:256)
> > at

> > eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
> > at

> > at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
> > at

> > va:191)
> > at

> > eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
> > at

> > at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
> > at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2416)
> > at

> > )
> > at

> > eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
> > at

> > java:171)
> > at

> > eNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
> > at

org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:172
> > )
> > at

> > eNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
> > at

> > at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
> > at

> > :174)
> > at

> > eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
> > at

> > at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
> > at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:223)
> > at

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:601)
> > at

> > ction(Http11Protocol.java:392)
> > at

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:565)
> > at

> > a:619)
> >
> > root cause
> >
> > java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access class
> > org.apache.commons.beanutils.MappedPropertyDescriptor$1 from class
> > org.apache.commons.beanutils.MappedPropertyDescriptor
> > at

org.apache.commons.beanutils.MappedPropertyDescriptor.getPublicDeclaredMetho
> > ds(MappedPropertyDescriptor.java:383)
> > at

org.apache.commons.beanutils.MappedPropertyDescriptor.internalFindMethod(Map
> > pedPropertyDescriptor.java:453)
> > at

org.apache.commons.beanutils.MappedPropertyDescriptor.findMethod(MappedPrope
> > rtyDescriptor.java:527)
> > at

org.apache.commons.beanutils.MappedPropertyDescriptor.(MappedPropertyDescrip
> > tor.java:149)
> > at

org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtils.getPropertyDescriptor(PropertyUti
> > ls.java:907)
> > at
org.apache.commons.beanutils.BeanUtils.setProperty(BeanUtils.java:934)
> > at org.apache.commons.beanutils.BeanUtils.populate(BeanUtils.java:808)
> > at org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.populate(RequestUtils.java:1096)
> > at

org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processPopulate(RequestProcessor.j
> > ava:816)
> > at

org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:254)
> > at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1420)