struts-user mailing list archives

From hgos...@csc.com.au
Subject Re: Unexpected output ????
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2003 03:01:09 GMT
Why are you using a page parameter in the html:link tag instead of a href
attribute?

try

Heya Gosper
CSC Australia
212 Northbourne Ave, Braddon ACT 2612
Ph: +61 (0) 2 6246 8155  Fax: +61 (0) 2 62468100
MOB: 0401 611779
written agreement or government initiative expressly permitting the use of
e-mail for such purpose.

        cc:
        Subject:        Unexpected output ????

Hello,

I have used Struts(Tiles) since 1.0.
Recently, I found some problem in using Struts+Tomcat4/5.

In one of the JSP, there is a line as following.

In my home page, that is consist with different JSP and defined in Tiles.

One of the page is dynamic generated by JSP Customer Tag, it just select
some data from the database and output.
The problem is that,

Problem:
   - If there isn't any matching data in the database (select nothing) at
the very first time loading.
   - Load again or reload a thousand times ..... NO PROBLEM.

   - Add some records to the database, it will automatic load those data
in
the page, CORRECT.
   *** DELETE all the records,  the problem APPEAR !!!!!,    In the
original
data display area, it should be display nothing but it always display
"Eric
Chow" !!!! Strange !!?????

Un-clever solution:
   - Finally, I changed <html:link page="/index.jsp?tab=4&id=1">Eric
Chow</html:link>
   to <a href="index.jsp&tab=4&id=1">Eric Chow</a>
   ---- NO PROBLEM NOW ----

-- And also, not only this,  if I did the same steps in other similar
functions. It also will display some strange and unexpected output text.
Those strange output text are always be the BODY TAG contents !!!!!!

I am not sure if it is the Struts problem or Tomcat problem.

Eric