struts-user mailing list archives

From "...." <cekvenich_...@basebeans.com>
Subject Re: Performance Issue
Date Fri, 26 Dec 2003 11:36:43 GMT
And what DAO are you using?
The slowest and most buggy part of J2EE is Data Access.

I use OpenSta for testing!
Once you have a DAO, do showplan on your SQL.

But my guess is as soon as you pick a DAO you'll be fine.

.V

ps:
(did I ever happen to say on this list that iBatis DAO has built in
auto-cache, auto-flush, and has a great Tutorial by Rick Reuman and a
great example PetStore 3? iBatis is *VERY* easy, you should be able to
write 30 querries quick like. See when you use Struts, you should use
DAO, else use Servlets w/JDBC if you do not use a framework.
Note to self: write a Wiki FAQ)

Raman wrote:
> Our site is facing a performace issue we need to track what are the bottle necks in this.
>
> We are Using
> 1. Tomcat 4.1
> 2. Post Gre Sql 7.1
> 3. Struts 1.1
> 4. Red hat Linux
>
> Our pages required quite good number of results from database. you can say we fire around
20-30 queries to create dynamic left Nav, Right nav , Center content etc. we are using Custom
Tags for this.