struts-user mailing list archives

From "...." <cekvenich_...@basebeans.com>
Subject Re: annoying JSP runtime exception message
Date Mon, 29 Dec 2003 15:05:06 GMT
This comes up quite a bit for my Students.
When using Tiles, the JSP full error does not get displayed, becuase
tiles blocks it sometimes.

I forward to the working JSP for the moment to see the error.

.V

Raphaël di Cicco wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm working with struts 1.1, Tiles and Tomcat.
>
> on my JSP pages where I did something wrong I often get this exception message :
>
> [ServletException in:/foo.jsp] Define tag cannot set a null value'
>
> or simply :
> [ServletException in:/foo.jsp] null
>
> Looking at the source of the HTML page don't give me more information, neither the tomcat
logs. I used to have a detailed message explaining me where the define was wrong but now I
have to carefully cut and paste parts of my JSP page to find out where the error is.