struts-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Schilling <pschi...@tcfbank.com>
Subject Re: struts and JDeveloper 9.03
Date Mon, 29 Dec 2003 16:45:38 GMT
Kalra, Ashwani wrote:
> hi,
> I am working with Jdeveloper and Struts 1.1
> When I try to run any page ,  its not able to find the core action class.
> struts.jar is lying in lib dir
>
> Error is
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/struts/action/Action
> java.lang.Class java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(java.lang.String, byte[],
> int, int, java.security.ProtectionDomain) 		native code
>
> Thanks
> Ashwani Kalra
> http://www.geocities.com/ashwani_kalra

> This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and
> is the property of the Cap Gemini Ernst & Young Group. It is intended only
> for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended
> recipient, you are not authorised to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate,
> distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this
> message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies
> of this message.

Hello,

JDeveloper 9.0.3 puts it's own version of struts.jar in the lib
directory, which is older than Struts 1.1.  This causes the error when
you try to run the pages.  Try making an empty jar file, setting it to
read only, and replace the struts.jar in the lib directory with it.
This will prevent JDeveloper from overwriting it with it's version again.

This is a kind of annoying hack, and if anyone has a better suggestion,
I wouldn't mind hearing about it.

Hope this helps,

Patrick