struts-user mailing list archives

From Wiebe de Jong <wieb...@shaw.ca>
Subject RE: open new window from struts page, leaves [object] in parent window
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2004 21:37:01 GMT

The best way is always to call an action to generate any page. With that in
mind, I open up new windows this way:

onclick="window.open('findAccountCSV.do','csv')">CSV</html:link></p>

The "#" functions like a null link so the current window is not affected.

Wiebe
http://frontierj.blogspot.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Alley [mailto:martin.alley@ntlworld.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2004 12:27 PM
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: open new window from struts page, leaves [object] in parent window

Hi,

I guess this has been asked before, but I can't find the answer..

I've got a struts generated page, from which I want to open a new
window.
I do this with the following line, and I get my new window just like I
want
request.getContextPath() %>/dataimages/<bean:write name="itemForm"
property="itemValue.imagePath"/>')">
			click here
			</a>
but the original window then contains a page that says [object] -
literally that!!

How do I get the original window not to change from what it displayed
before I click on the above link?

Thanks
Martin