struts-user mailing list archives

From "Felipe Nascimento" <fnascime...@peladeiro.com.br>
Subject validator + pre processing before foward
Date Sat, 21 Feb 2004 15:47:31 GMT
Hi all,

I am using struts validator.
I have a form that needs a object in the request to populate some bean:write
outputs and some form input elements values.
When I submit this form to an action mapping that has validate=true and the
validation is not successfull, the user returns to the original page with
the form, but my object is not in the request anymore, naturally. Is there a
way to use validator and still be able to set a object in the request (or do
something) before the user is forwarded to getInputForward()??

For  now, I have disabled validator for this action and I am validating
inside my action execute() method. (I use dyna action forms, that´s why I
don´t use form.validate() ).

Any suggestion??

tks
Felipe