struts-user mailing list archives

From "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pember...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: Common Services across Different Actions.
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2004 12:38:52 GMT
I guess the other approach would be to plug in a custom RequestProcessor -
but its not easy to sub-class the original, there is only one 'hook'
[processPreprocess()] for putting your code in and overriding other methods
usually ends up invloving duplicating some of the code in the original
method.

Plugin's and a 'BaseAction' are both reasonable approaches that I've used
and so far I haven't done the custom RequestProcessor option.

Niall

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kommineni, Sateesh (GE Consumer & Industrial)"
<sateesh.kommineni@ge.com>
To: <struts-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2004 12:20 PM
Subject: Common Services across Different Actions.

Hi All,

   In our Application we have identified few common Services which we are
planning to develop as reusable components.

   The approaches we identified are

  1) Representing each service as a Plug-in so that we can initialize all
the Service when the Web App is initialized .

  2) Create a BaseAction and have all the resources available in that Action
class . Sub Class all your Custom Actions from the BaseAction.

Is there any Other Approach that we are missing here

Thanks a lot
Sateesh