struts-user mailing list archives

From "Rahul Mohan" <rahul_mo...@pune.tcs.co.in>
Subject Using the ActionForm in the JSP
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2004 14:47:12 GMT
Hi everyone,

    I need to access the ActionForm properties inside the JSP code for the same window. Is
there any way to do this?

Regarding this I have some doubts about the life cycle of ActionForms....

1. When exactly is the ActionForm object instantiated? Is the ActionForm object instantiated
only on submit of the corresponding form? or is it instantiated while rendering the page?

2. Also I need to set some properties to default values at instantiation of the ActionForm.
Can I simply override the ActionForm constructor in my action-form? That doesnt look like
a good strategy since the constructor implementation in the ActionForm does not seem to be
made for overriding as it has some code in it ( its simply servlet = null ).... so is it wise
to simply override it? it seems a bit over smart idea!!! :)

Please help me out......

thank you,
rahul