struts-user mailing list archives

From Mark Lowe <mark.l...@talk21.com>
Subject Re: Implementing A Search Dialog - Struts
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2004 20:13:09 GMT
I'm not sure that session doesn't do this anyway, but you could write
to a text file and save the values that way. The overhead will be
reading an' writing but it should stay pretty constant.

Could even develop it saving to httpsession and then replace http
session with your file appending replacement when you get further down
the line. I guess (and i am guessing) is that httpsession albeit stored
in a file some place is probably loaded into ram for faster access, in
your case you sound like you;d be better taking the hit reading and
writing each time.