struts-user mailing list archives

From "Joseph Toth" <JT...@lightspeedresearch.com>
Subject How to get requested URL with tiles
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2004 21:09:21 GMT
Using titles to setup a website, I would like to know how I can get the
requested URL in a JSP page.

Simply my question is, how can I get the requested URL  ...
'/Rewards.do'  instead of the template jsp?
request.getServletPath() will just return template_sidebar.jsp, I need
to differentiate between page.

I would like to use one header for a lot of pages, the header has a
navigation bar of a couple images...
and I want to display a 'highlighted' image for when the current page
corresponding to that image is clicked.
In order to do so, I need to put code like...
if (currentpage == "RewardsView") img src="rewards_highlighted.gif"
else img src="rewards_not_highlighted.gif"

I'm sure plenty of people have done this, and of course I would not like
to create 6 different headers, one
for each navigation item.  Any ideas?

Whenever someone goes to http://localhost/Rewards.do I want to display
the highlighted gif.  This
would be easy if request.getServletPath() would return /Rewards.do, but
it returns /template/template_sidebar.jsp,
so I cannot differentiate between any pages that use the same template.

Is there a way to get the requested URL? Or does anyone know of a way to
differentiate between the page?

In the struts config I have...

<action path="/Rewards" type="org.apache.struts.actions.ForwardAction"
parameter="RewardsView" />

In the tiles config I have...

<!-- Titles -->
<definition name="template_sidebar"
path="/template/template_sidebar.jsp">
    <put name="title" value=""/>
    <put name="header" value="/header/header_default.jsp"/>
    <put name="sidebar" value=""/>
    <put name="body" value=""/>
    <put name="footer" value="/footer/footer_default.jsp"/>
</definition>

<definition name="RewardsView" extends="template_sidebar">
 <put name="title"  value="Rewards" />
    <put name="sidebar" value="/sidebar/sidebar_rewards.jsp"/>
    <put name="body" value="/body/body_rewards.jsp"/>
</definition>