struts-user mailing list archives

From Mike Millson <mmill...@meritonlinesystems.com>
Subject Re: Bug in Validator javascript, not showing all errors?
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2004 19:42:43 GMT
Thank you. And if I understand correctly, this feature is not available
in the latest release build, v1.1. I guess I have to wait until v1.2
comes out?

On Wed, 2004-02-25 at 14:18, russo@albany.edu wrote:
> File = struts-config.xml >> Validator plugin elements:
>   <plug-in className="org.apache.struts.validator.ValidatorPlugIn">
>     <set-property property="pathnames"
>            value="/WEB-INF/validator-rules.xml, /WEB-INF/validation.xml"/>
>     <set-property property="stopOnFirstError" value="false"/>
>   </plug-in>
>
> File = login.jsp >> form declaration:
>
> Where [BLAH] is the name of the action which handles your form submition.
>
> I'm a newbie, so if there's a better way fire away people.
> -Ryan
>
> On Wed, 25 Feb 2004, Mike Millson wrote:
>
> > I have a form with 1 text field and 1 password field:
> > username: required and maxlength 10
> > password: required
> >
> > The return statement for the validateLoginForm function generated in the
> > dynamic javascript:
> >
> > return validateMaxLength(form) && validateRequired(form);
> >
> > If I enter a username that is too long, validateMaxLength returns false, so validateRequired
is never evaluated. The result is that only the error about username being too long is displayed,
even if password is empty.

> > This is not how it works on the server side. If I disable javascript and submit,
the server side displays both errors: username too long and password required.