struts-user mailing list archives

From "Lawrence Williams" <lawrence.willi...@idil.co.uk>
Subject N by N multiboxes !!!
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2004 18:56:08 GMT

Hi,

I am trying to generate a form allowing attributes in a catalog to be set on
or off for particular products.

So depending on the state of the Database there will be N Attributes each
with M slectable values (as attributes are added and new styles become
available N and M will vary:

E.g.

Color (red,blue.. N .., green)
Size	(s,m,l,xl)
.
.
.
.
Weight (1,2,3)

I want a jsp form to display all options for all defined attributes. I
currently have a form:

        <form-bean
            name="modifyAttributesForm"
            type="myproj.product.AttributeForm">
            <form-property name="attributeNames" type="java.lang.String[]"/>
            <form-property name="attributeValues"
type="java.lang.Object[]"/>
        </form-bean>

Where each attributeValues object array entry has in it a LabelValueBean[]
array storing the values for each attribute.

At present ive got the form of checkboxes rendering using standard html
<input type=checkbox... Tags.

<c:forEach items="${modifyAttributesForm.attributeNames}" var="heading"
varStatus="i">
<c:forEach items="${modifyAttributesForm.attributeValues[i.index]}"
var="valuePairs" varStatus="j">
	<INPUT name="${heading}" type="checkbox"
value="${valuePairs.value}">${valuePairs.label}<br>

</c:forEach>
</c:forEach>

I of course now want to use the struts multibox tag to handle all the
repopulation for me. However, it seems to me the multibox control is only
going to work for a single String[] array of populated values, I need a 2
dimensional structure.

I cant see how I can do this - perhaps I have hit a common pattern here - ?
Any Ideas?

Lawrence

---