struts-user mailing list archives

From Christian Bollmeyer <j...@christianbollmeyer.de>
Subject Re: Reset method in Form Bean
Date Sat, 21 Feb 2004 21:01:50 GMT
On Friday 20 February 2004 18:04, Ramachandran wrote:
> the scope for my form bean is in 'Request Scope'

Then, it technically just cannot be unless you set
the default values accordingly in your Form Bean.
Things in request scope are destroyed when the
request | response cycle is finished. That's the case
when the resulting page is finally displayed after calling
the Action, and not related to Struts itself. If the old
values reappear even after a logout (you do call
session.invalidate()?, just to make sure), there is
something else wrong, even if you were using
session-scoped forms. Most certainly you're
dealing with stale pages from the browser cache,
but I can't tell from the information given. Make
sure you have the 'nocache' attribute set in
your controller definition in struts-config.xml
or issue the appropriate no-cache headers
manually. Does the problem persist if you
hit the browser's reload button?

HTH,
-- Chris.