struts-user mailing list archives

From Janarthan Sathiamurthy <janarthan...@yahoo.com>
Subject Passing values via hyperlink
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2004 12:53:22 GMT
Hi,

I have a report summary page in my application. Each row in the summary page corresponds to
a particular report id. I have a hyperlink for each of the report. Clicking on which i display
the report details.
The catch is that there are some users to which a report belongs. Hence passing the report
id via querystring is a dangerous business. The user can manipulate the report id and view
a report of his choice. To avoid this, i have to check whether the obtined report id in the
action class does actually belong to that logged in user.
I came up with a simpler way -

I maintain some sort of ‘commonContainerForm’ in our struts-config file.
This form will contain only one field (‘field’), which is the parameter that is to be passed
to the server. This field will be populated when a user clicks on a hyperlink via javascript.

But i want to avoid javascript in totality for my project.
Does Struts provide any functionality regarding this ?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,
Janarthan S