struts-user mailing list archives

From Mark Lowe <mark.l...@talk21.com>
Subject Re: Form Submission
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2004 15:21:32 GMT
I said no such thing about javascript.

I'm in the httpsession != evil school and I'd say this isn't an
occasion where you'd use it as you don't need anything to persist
beyond the request (accept this default action thing whatever thats
about).

The single action class as a type of command dispatcher sounds
ingenious. But it has to be using a form property or request parameter
otherwise the id in the link wouldn't do what you want. I can see how
this has helped make life less complex :o) I assume it extracts a map
iterates through is and then selects the relevant 'command' based on
the map's contents.

You cant submit a form with a link without using javascript. You can
use an image as a button, but thats another subject. I have no more
suggestions than those I've already made, else I'll start getting urges
to go out and score come crack in an attempt to save my teeth from all
the brick-chewing.