struts-user mailing list archives

From exnihilo <exnih...@myrealbox.com>
Subject Re: non-default init-params and default ActionServlet
Date Sat, 21 Feb 2004 00:06:31 GMT
I need the variables in a ServletContextListener that gets invoked once
on startup and once on shutdown of the application, and don't need them
anywhere else. I used to have a subclassed ActionServlet, where I did
initialization and shutdown using a couple of init-params in the
web.xml, but then I realized that using the default ActionServlet and
using a ServletContextListener was cleaner, except that now the
init-params no longer work. Ideally, I would like something as simple as
including them in the web.xml..

Does anybody know the justification for preventing non-default
init-params from being seen when using the default ActionServlet? It
seems like a very easy solution to a very common need.

thanks,

n.