struts-user mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Re: Suppresing the generation of blank lines while using logic tags - Ver 1.0.2
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2004 14:29:55 GMT
On 02/25/2004 03:04 PM Pranay Parsatwar wrote:
> We are facing problem of jsp file size exceeding to more than 5 MB at
> runtime. The jsp file is full of struts tag with lot many logic:equal,
> notEqual in the code. The compiled html when generated takes a lot of
> time for browser rendering because of the file size. Looking at the html
> source generated it seems the tags generates lots of blank line were
> ever used. If the source is modified to remove all the blank lines, the
> size reduces to 2 mb.

There is a Jasper servlet option which will remove the blank lines.
Check for the trimSpaces attribute on the jasper servlet in the
conf/web.xml config.

However it is still going to take processing time to remove the white
space, so it might not be the enhancement you are hoping for.

Adam
--
struts 1.1 + tomcat 5.0.16 + java 1.4.2
Linux 2.4.20 Debian