struts-user mailing list archives

From "Glenn, Scott" <Scott.Gl...@umusic.com>
Subject Validation error messages
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2004 14:44:50 GMT
I might be missing something obvious here, but is there an easy way to get the submitted value
to become part of the your error message?

So, for example, if the user enters "abc" in an email field, I'd like a message saying :-

	Address "abc" is not a valid email address.

I can get this behaviour when I write my own custom validation routines, but what about the
base Struts validation rules ... can they be configured to display the entered value, as opposed
to a string from the AppResources bindle?

Cheers,

Scott.