struts-user mailing list archives

From "Glenn, Scott" <Scott.Gl...@umusic.com>
Subject RE: Validation error messages
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2004 17:15:41 GMT

> As long as the error message is set up as I said the validation framework
> should put the field name at the start of the message...  But not the
> value in the field.
>
> so in your example below you might get an error message like;
>
> Email address is a required field

[[SMG]] Yeah, that's exactly the behaviour I'm trying to avoid.  It's easy enough to get the
actual submitted value to be displayed, but it means writing (or possibly sub classing) your
own validation methods, which I haven't really got time to do.

Seems a shame there isn't a field name / field value option in the xml that you can just set
to get the desired output.

A future enhancement perhaps?