struts-user mailing list archives

From "Daniel, Gillian" <gillian.dan...@petrotechnics.com>
Subject Nested nest Tag
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2004 14:31:29 GMT
Hi there, I am using Struts 1.1 and Java SE 1.4.2.02 and Java EE 1.4

I have an object called SccDTO.java which is extended by many objects,
but I will use LocDTO,java as the example here.

In my SccBean.java - which extends the ValidatorForm - I have getter and
setter methods for a SccDTO object.

I am using <nested:nest property="sccDTO">

                   <nested:write property="type"/>

This is fine, but I actually sometimes want to access methods in the
LocDTO, and sometimes from the other objects which extend the SccDTO.

Now I realise that the SccDTO has no getter and setter methods for the
LocDTO methods, so this is not going to work, but is there a way around
this?

Any help would be much appreciated,

Gillian Daniel