struts-user mailing list archives

From "Jerry Jalenak" <Jerry.Jale...@LABONE.com>
Subject Extra Lines in Compiled JSP
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2004 16:07:02 GMT
Hi All,

I should know how to fix this, but am at a loss.  At the top of my JSP I
have the following lines:

<%@ taglib uri="http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/tags-bean" prefix="bean" %>
<%@ taglib uri="/display" prefix="display" %>
<%@ taglib uri="http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/tags-html" prefix="html" %>
<%@ taglib uri="http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/tags-nested"
prefix="nested" %>
<%@ taglib uri="http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/tags-tiles" prefix="tiles"
%>
<%@ page language="java" %>
<%@ page contentType="text/html; charset=UTF-8" %>

When I look at the compiled JSP, there are seven blank lines (i.e.
out.write("\r\n"); ).  Is there anyway to have the JSP compiler (were
running Tomcat 5.0.18 Stable) NOT generate these lines?  I guess they come
from the <%.... %> sources lines, but it really screws up my generated HTML
code....

Thanks!

Jerry Jalenak
Development Manager, Web Publishing
LabOne, Inc.
10101 Renner Blvd.
Lenexa, KS  66219
(913) 577-1496

jerry.jalenak@labone.com

This transmission (and any information attached to it) may be confidential and
is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is
addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for
delivering the transmission to the intended recipient, be advised that you
have received this transmission in error and that any use, dissemination,
forwarding, printing, or copying of this information is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify
LabOne at the following email address: securityincidentreporting@labone.com