struts-user mailing list archives

From "Anderson, James H [IT]" <james.h.ander...@citigroup.com>
Subject RE: Common Services across Different Actions.
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2004 15:56:48 GMT
Could you provide a little more detail?

Thanks,

jim

-----Original Message-----
From: rick@debays.org [mailto:rick@debays.org]
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2004 10:54 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Common Services across Different Actions.

I like to use a ServiceLocater (created and initialized at application
start)
exposed through the BaseAction.

Rick DeBay

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 17:50 , Kommineni, Sateesh \(GE Consumer &
Industrial\)
<sateesh.kommineni@ge.com> sent:

>Hi All,
>
>   In our Application we have identified few common Services which we
are
planning to develop as reusable components.

>   The approaches we identified are
>
>  1) Representing each service as a Plug-in so that we can initialize
all the
Service when the Web App is initialized .

>  2) Create a BaseAction and have all the resources available in that
Action
class . Sub Class all your Custom Actions from the BaseAction.