struts-user mailing list archives

From "Gopalakrishnan, Jayesh" <Jayesh.Gopalakrish...@schwab.com>
Subject RE: open new window from struts page, leaves [object] in parent w indow
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2004 20:50:27 GMT
This is more of a javascript issue than Struts thing.

I guess you are missing a "return false;" at the end of the javascript.
Try the script on a simple html page & verify that it works as expected.

I have seen such links use the onclick event rather than the href, like,

onClick="javascript:window.open(......)">cccc</a>

possibly to prevent the script from appearing on the status bar....not sure.

hth
-jayash

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Alley [mailto:martin.alley@ntlworld.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2004 12:27 PM
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: open new window from struts page, leaves [object] in parent
window

Hi,

I guess this has been asked before, but I can't find the answer..

I've got a struts generated page, from which I want to open a new
window.
I do this with the following line, and I get my new window just like I
want
request.getContextPath() %>/dataimages/<bean:write name="itemForm"
property="itemValue.imagePath"/>')">
			click here
			</a>
but the original window then contains a page that says [object] -
literally that!!

How do I get the original window not to change from what it displayed
before I click on the above link?

Thanks
Martin