struts-user mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <Wendy.Sm...@asu.edu>
Subject RE: Implementing A Search Dialog - Struts
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2004 20:27:54 GMT
> From: news [mailto:news@sea.gmane.org] On Behalf Of sean jones
> How can i carry the values the user has keyed  - onto the
> search.jsp - the searchResults.JSP and back to Pagexx.jsp

You listed the two usual solutions.  If neither of those work, my next
idea would be (assuming there's a database behind this somewhere) to go
ahead and write to the database after each page of the wizard.  You
might have to define a new table, a sort of "hold file" where you
accumulate the input, then you'll have to deal with cleanup if the user
disappears.  If you use a session listener, you can execute code that
will delete the unneeded records when the session dies.

It's not clear if this webapp is display-only or if you're doing
database updates at the end of the wizard.

--
Wendy Smoak
Application Systems Analyst, Sr.