struts-user mailing list archives

From Stuart.Jame...@gbr.xerox.com
Subject RE:Form creation
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2004 11:27:29 GMT
Hi,

Got a  query about when ActionForm is created.

In struts config I map appname/MyQueries.do URL to MyQueryAction class via
struts config.  In execute method I expected the form to exist but it is
null (I haven't submitted the form yet I know but I thought the MyQueries.do
GET would act like I'd submitted the form).

How do I force creation of the session scoped form? Do I have to set this up
myself first time I use it? I want to do this because I have select boxes
that have default values that the form knows about and I need to get these
default values out of the form in order to run my query the 1st time.

Am I making an complete architectural howler by wanting a form to exist so I
can set up the page before I use it?

TIA

Stu