struts-user mailing list archives

From "Ravi Kulkarni" <rkulka...@applabs.net>
Subject RE: newlines
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2004 11:28:58 GMT
Hello,

I have the same requirement in my project. I am thinking to write a utility
method to convert "\n" to "<br>".

I am also looking for the same problem. Does any one have faced  similar
problem. It would be very helpful if anyone share their experiences with
this kind of situation.

TIA,
Kulkarni

-----Original Message-----
From: Turner Benjamin [mailto:Benjamin.Turner@cronos.be]
Sent: Friday, February 13, 2004 2:33 PM
To: Struts-User (E-mail)
Subject: newlines

hello,

i looked in the archives about this problem but couldn't find anything
useable.

i have text data which contains newlines (\n) which has been entered via
textarea's. on a different page i wish to present this data with the
newlines converted to <br/>'s. i however don't want to turn the filter=""
option of bean:write off, since this would enable possible misformatting if
the user were to enter html data.

is there a clean solution to this? <pre> is also not an option since this
makes for lines being endlessly long.

tia,

Ben