struts-user mailing list archives

From "Amish Patel" <semplic...@hotmail.com>
Subject ActionForms Thread Safe
Date Sat, 21 Feb 2004 18:18:07 GMT
Hello All,

I am new to struts.  I have been reading about it and they way I understand
the framework instantiate ActionForm is as follows. ......

1) Check to see if an instance of the ActionForm already has been created.

2) If an ActionForm instance is present in the appropriate scope and it's
the same type as needed for the new request, reuse it.
Otherwise, create a new instance of the required ActionForm and store it in
the appropriate scope (set by the scope attribute for the action element).

If this is case then ActionForm are not thread-safe.  Because Two request
from different client can simultaneous come in and use the same ActionForm
instance?

I know this is not the case, but I cannot figure out how is it thread safe?

Please help!
Thanks
-Semplice