struts-user mailing list archives

From "Peter Abbot" <Peter.Ab...@wcc.govt.nz>
Subject RE: [OT] Call remote servlet from struts appl through https
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2004 23:31:58 GMT
Have a look at commons package HttpClient, I have used it a little for
communicating with remote servers and is very handy. From memeory there
is the ability to add request attributes/parameters.

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/

-----Original Message-----
From: Pani R [mailto:pani_rd@lycos.com]
Sent: Thursday, 19 February 2004 12:00 p.m.
Subject: [OT] Call remote servlet from struts appl through https

Hi:

I'm trying to call a servlet that is running on a remote(secured)
machine from my application which is built on Struts though a Secured
Connection (HTTPS).

I had couple of options to do this.

First, tried to use response.sendRedirect(). I dropped it because that
will have an extra travel between client and server. Moreover, I learned
that I will be loosing my objects in Requset Scope.

Second, I tried to implement it using a small Java client which will
make a HttpUrlConnection. It works find as long as I make connection
using HTTP. Once I try HTTPS it throws me out saying "Malformed
Exception". I tried to implement it using JSSE but I was not able to
succeed.

Is there any other better way of accomplishing this?

Have any one of you all had tried this before. If yes, can you guide me
to the right path.

Thanks,
Pani