struts-user mailing list archives

From "Piper, James D CECOM SEC EPS" <James.Pi...@mail1.monmouth.army.mil>
Subject RE: Extra Lines in Compiled JSP
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2004 18:07:18 GMT
is it windows that has the eol be crlf and unix uses just cr?  Somthing like
that I think... try looking at your jsp file in a hex editor and see if it
is crlf and if so change it to be just cr.  Be careful moving file back and
forth between windows and unix, there is a unix util called dos2unix and one
called unix2dos that is suppose to do this kind of fixing for you.  When
ftp'ing files around use the type=ascii feature and supposedly it will
automatically take care of this conversion for you when trasnfering files
between windows and unix.

- Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Jerry Jalenak [mailto:Jerry.Jalenak@LABONE.com]
Sent: Friday, February 20, 2004 11:34 AM
To: 'Struts Users Mailing List'
Subject: RE: Extra Lines in Compiled JSP

Thanks for the reply.  I strung out the taglib defn's and reduced the number
of out.writes from seven to one.  It's better, but still not perfect.  Seems
like the jsp compiler should be smart enough to recognize that it doesn't
need to generate anything for these kinds of lines.....

Jerry Jalenak
Development Manager, Web Publishing
LabOne, Inc.
10101 Renner Blvd.