struts-user mailing list archives

From "Robert Taylor" <rtay...@mulework.com>
Subject RE: Common Services across Different Actions.
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2004 13:03:17 GMT
Wrap the service in a ServletContextListener. The Servlet2.3 spec and higher mandate that these
listeners be invoked before the
application can process requests; so initialization can take place here and they have access
to the application init parameters
through web.xml. Then place them in ServletContext for application wide access.

robert

develop as reusable components.

>    The approaches we identified are
>
>   1) Representing each service as a Plug-in so that we can initialize all the Service
when the Web App is initialized .

>   2) Create a BaseAction and have all the resources available in that Action class .
Sub Class all your Custom Actions