struts-user mailing list archives

From MichaelBouc...@edgil.com
Subject Problems when not using html:form
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2004 15:10:51 GMT
Hi folks,

For a variety of reasons, I can't use the struts HTML tags in my jsps.  To
get things started, I got it working using html:form, but now I have to
remove that tag.  So, I'm trying to figure out how to specify the form to
correctly call my action.  The jsp gets displayed correctly, but when I
click the submit button, I get an invalid path error.

Here's what my jsp looks like...

   <!-- html:form action="Login" focus="userName" -->
   <form name="LoginForm" method="post" action="Login.do" focus="userName">
      <!-- input fields removed for brevity... -->
            <input type="submit" name="Login" property="Login" value="Log
In" >
            <input type="submit" name="Reset" property="Reset" value
="Reset" >
   </form>

And here's the relevant portion of my struts-config file...

  <action-mappings>
    <action path="/Login" type
="com.edgil.TransactionMgr.Actions.LoginAction" name="LoginForm" scope
="request" input="/jsp/Login.jsp">
      <forward name="Main" path="/jsp/Main.jsp" redirect="false"/>
    </action>
  etc...

When I click submit, here's what I get:

Apache Tomcat/4.0.6 - HTTP Status 400 - Invalid path /jsp/Login was
requested
type: Status report
message: Invalid path /jsp/Login was requested
(Invalid path /jsp/Login was requested).

I suspect that /jsp/... is coming from the fact that the jsp is found in a
directory, called jsp, which is at the same level as WEB_INF.

So, what do I need to specify in the form to trigger the action correctly?

Thanx!

Mike
----
Mike Boucher                  mboucher@edgil.com
Edgil Associates              www.edgil.com

"Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out of it alive!"