struts-user mailing list archives

From "Paul-J Woodward" <paul-j.woodw...@db.com>
Subject Re: [OT] making struts/tiles parse the output of a servlet
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2004 07:47:58 GMT
Noone know if this is possible?

Thanks, Paul
Global Equity Derivatives Technology
Deutsche Bank [/]

        cc:
        Subject:        [OT] making struts/tiles parse the output of a servlet

Dear All,

In my webapp, I have to store all dynamic page content within a database
as it is not possible to write to the disks on which the server runs.

These dynamic pages are generated by a servlet which takes the page id as
a request parameter. At the moment this servlet sends the page to the
output stream and it appears perfectly in the browser. I was wondering if
it would be possible to send this output through the normal parsing
process so that it could contain struts tags. I guess this may require JIT

compiling so might be a bad way of going about what I need:
I basically want to be able to create a page which consists of plain html
into which I include various pre-defined JSP pages.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Paul