struts-user mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject URL validation - anyone using it?
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2004 14:09:04 GMT
I'm looking at providing URL validation on a page which saves links for
users.

I put together the latest build of commons-validator (1.1.2) and struts
(1.2) to see what the URL validation is like.

The class for server-side validation is in place, but the javascript
doesn't exist.

It works very strictly, too strictly for me.

Most users will want to save links such as

http://www.google.com
http://jakarta.apache.org/
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=struts-user&m=105511005106573&w=2

none of which pass the urlValidator test. Only this format works:

http://authority.com/filename

I can put UrlValidator.java in my source code and modify it for my
purposes, but I would like to know if there is anyone else interested or
even actively working on this? Perhaps I should post this to the
struts-dev list.

Adam

--
struts 1.1 + tomcat 5.0.16 + java 1.4.2