struts-user mailing list archives

From "Chan, Jim" <jc...@incognito.com>
Subject Can validation.xml be modularized?
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2004 18:34:51 GMT

I have modularized my Struts application using different struts-config.xml
files. Also I am using different resource properties files for localization
for each module.  Everything works fine.  Currently, I am hooking up the
client side validation using the struts validation plugin.  However, the
only way I can get it working is to register all the form validation in the
validation.xml, and access the localized error messages using the default
resource properties file.

Does anyone know how to:

1.  modularize the validation.xml so that I can decompose it the same way as
I did for the struts-config files.  I tried using xml includes, but the
validation plugin complains that it can't find my validation1.xml file.  It
only works if I use the absolute file path.

<!DOCTYPE project [
  <!ENTITY validation1 SYSTEM "./validation1.xml">
]>

&validation1;

2.  when registering the forms in the validation.xml, access different
resources properties which I specify in the struts-config files

Any help will be appreciated.