struts-user mailing list archives

From "Marco Mistroni" <mmistr...@waersystems.com>
Subject RE: BeanUtils.copyProperties() throws java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No origin bean specified
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2004 08:27:32 GMT
Hi,
	Make sure that the userForm is not null..
I m using BeanUtils.copyProperties all the time and it
Just work fine

Hope this helps

Regards
	marco

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Barry [mailto:paul.barry@nyu.edu]
Sent: 02 April 2004 00:12
To: user@struts.apache.org
Subject: BeanUtils.copyProperties() throws
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No origin bean specified

I am trying to use BeanUtil.copyProperties() as described in 5.6.7 in
"Struts in Action" (Husted).  I have an Interface UserBO which my
ActionForm implements.  I also have a standard JavaBean UserBOImpl which

implements the Interface.  I have a DAO that returns a UserBOImpl.  I
would like to use BeanUtils.copyProperties() to copy all of the
UserBOImpl properties into the ActionForm.  So I am trying this code in
the execute method of my Action:

UserBO user = dao.getUser(myForm.getId());
UserBO userForm = (UserBO)form;
BeanUtils.copyProperties(userForm,user);

myForm is just the ActionForm cast into the ActionForm I wrote that
implements UserBO.  This code compiles, but when it runs I get a
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No origin bean specified.  Does
anyone know why I am getting this error?  Is anyone else doing something

like this?  Anyone getting this error?