struts-user mailing list archives

From Matthew Hegarty <matthew.hega...@morse.com>
Subject ActionMessages won't display
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2004 14:49:21 GMT

Hello
I am hoping someone can help with an ActionMessages problem

I am setting ActionMessages in my action, but they are not appearing in the page.
The action code is:

if(showDetails.size() == 0 ) {
	LOGGER.debug("no ShowDetails found");
            ActionMessages messages = new ActionMessages();
            messages.add(ActionMessages.GLOBAL_MESSAGE, new ActionMessage("errors.none.found",
"showDetail"));
            saveMessages(request,messages);
            return mapping.findForward("none");
}

The JSP code is:

<logic:present name="<%=Action.MESSAGE_KEY%>">
	<P>
	messages found:
	</P>
</logic:present>

The log output confirms that the java snippet is called.
The 'messages found' string appears in the JSP, but no error message.
I have tried various configurations of params to the 'messages' tag, including adding "message='true'".

I have the following in struts-config.xml

<message-resources key="JSP_MESSAGES" parameter="jsp-messages" null="false"/>

I have a file in 'WEB-INF/classes' called 'jsp-messages.properties'

This contains the string: 'errors.none.found=No {0}(s) were found'

Hope someone can help - this one's got me stumped!

cheers
Matt