struts-user mailing list archives

From Matthew Hegarty <matthew.hega...@morse.com>
Subject html:select - can't display default option
Date Fri, 23 Apr 2004 13:13:50 GMT

Hi all

I am using <html:select>, and trying to get the drop-down to default to a Boolean value
in a bean, ie true, false, or blank if the bean is null.
My bean (MyBean) contains the method getMyValue() which returns a Boolean object.

In the code snippet below, the c:out statement confirms that the value of the property is
'true'.  I expect that the 'true' option will be pre-selected (which it is if you add "value='true'"
to html:select), but doing this dynamically with the c:out tag doesn't work - the blank value
is always the
one pre-selected.

Can someone suggest anything I am doing wrong, or suggest a better approach (i'm relatively
new to Struts).

            <c:out value='${MyBean.myValue}' /><br>
/>">
/>