struts-user mailing list archives

From "jolly" <jo...@mislbd.com>
Subject integer validation problem
Date Sat, 03 Apr 2004 06:57:43 GMT

Hi please help me.  My form-bean declaration is like this
<form-bean name="payScaleForm"
type="com.mislbd.iris.util.CustomDynaActioForm">
      <form-property name="payScaleDTO"
type="com.mislbd.iris.hr.core.compensation.PayScaleDTO" />

and PayScaleDTO has incrementDTO as its attribute.
I define my jsp as:
<layout:text  key="payScale.basicPay" property="payScaleDTO.basicPay"
styleClass="LABEL" isRequired="true"/>
           <layout:text  key="payScale.Increment.firstCategoryAmount"
property="payScaleDTO.increment.firstCategoryAmount" styleClass="LABEL"
isRequired="true"/>

basicPay and firstCategoryAmount are defined as integer or double. But
this fields are not validated if i enter text and saved zero to
database. I cant use copyproperties of beanutils because of the ha a
relationship. I dont want to write another actionForm class that
represent my DTO. How can I solve my problem. please help me. I am in
great trouble.
JOlly
--
jolly