struts-user mailing list archives

From kamakshya mishra <kpfu...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: "No bean specified" error
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2004 03:19:56 GMT
Hi,

The action name is the same as in the xml. Actually there are lot of string fields in the
form. If i remove this particulat code and submit then it works fine. The form comes back
prepouplated with the values in the textboxes. But when I include this code, it throws this
error.

KP

"Philip, Mathew" <mathew.philip@cgey.com> wrote:

check . action name should be representing the action mapping in
struts-config.xml.

Easy way to do is, view the source of the page displayed. Check for the form
tag. See what the formbean is

hope this helps

-----Original Message-----
From: kamakshya mishra [mailto:kpfunda@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2004 8:14 AM
To: user@struts.apache.org
Subject: "No bean specified" error

Hi,

I have this line in my jsp

property="courseDetailsArray" indexId="ctr">

"courseDetails[" + ctr + "].name" %>'>

When I am submitting the form it gives me the error
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No bean specified

Could anyone please help me on this?

The EmployeeDetailsForm has this code

public class EmployeeDetailsForm extends ActionForm

{

private CourseDetailsForm courseDetailsFormArray[] = new
CourseDetailsForm[2];

public void setCourseDetails(int iIndex, CourseDetailsForm
courseDetailsForm)

{

courseDetailsFormArray[iIndex] = courseDetailsForm;

}

public CourseDetailsForm getCourseDetails(int iIndex)

{

return courseDetailsFormArray[iIndex];

}

public CourseDetailsForm[] getCourseDetailsArray()

{

return courseDetailsFormArray;

}

KP

Do you Yahoo!?

This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and
is the property of the Cap Gemini Ernst & Young Group. It is intended only
for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are not authorised to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate,
distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this
message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies
of this message.