struts-user mailing list archives

From as as <sam_str...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Servlet filters with Struts
Date Mon, 12 Apr 2004 15:31:33 GMT
Hi,

I have the same issue.Seems struts is running pretty slow (or porbably its becuase of back
end database connections to mysQL using Hberntae).Any waqys I can improve the perfrmance.
I am using Weblogic 7.0

Thanks so much as this will highly help in running my jsp's faster ( I did try including jsp
pre-compilation into jasper).

Regards,
Sam.

Bill Siggelkow <billsigg@bellsouth.net> wrote:
Well of course it will affect performance because the container is doing
stuff it would not be doing otherwise -- the question is more like "will
the negative performance impact be significant?" I would say if you
calculating the elapsed time it should not be. It depends on what your
filter is doing with the data -- it is simply logging it out to the
console it should be OK -- the other thing that is nice about filters is
that they can easily be turned off via the filter mapping.

Kommana, Sridhar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Iam using TimerFilter in my application which gives the response time taken for executing
the each Action class. Does this will affect the performance of the application on production
environment. Is there any known performance or stability issues with Servlet filters with
Struts?