struts-user mailing list archives

From Farid C <do_not_reply_ple...@yahoo.fr>
Subject How to generate a static web site from struts form output ?
Date Sun, 25 Apr 2004 07:28:35 GMT
Good Morning

I have a struts application with a form
to browse a product catalog (database back end).

A usual query is to ask to show all the products
so instead to use cpu each time a user
requests by the form to see all the products,
I would like to generate static html files
with all the products

Do you have any idea what could be an elegant solution
?

I thought to write a standalone program who would
connect the database to get all the products and
generate the html pages on the disk.

Or to write a robot to simulate a user who connects
to the web site, ask by the form to see all the
products and browse in the output pages to dump them
on the web site.

I would appreciate any idea to  code as less possible,
may be there are already some tools for this kind of
problems.

Thank you for your time

Dialoguez en direct avec vos amis grâce à Yahoo! Messenger !Téléchargez Yahoo! Messenger
sur http://fr.messenger.yahoo.com