struts-user mailing list archives

From Paul Barry <paul.ba...@nyu.edu>
Subject BeanUtils.copyProperties() throws java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No origin bean specified
Date Thu, 01 Apr 2004 23:12:09 GMT
I am trying to use BeanUtil.copyProperties() as described in 5.6.7 in
"Struts in Action" (Husted).  I have an Interface UserBO which my
ActionForm implements.  I also have a standard JavaBean UserBOImpl which
implements the Interface.  I have a DAO that returns a UserBOImpl.  I
would like to use BeanUtils.copyProperties() to copy all of the
UserBOImpl properties into the ActionForm.  So I am trying this code in
the execute method of my Action:

UserBO user = dao.getUser(myForm.getId());
UserBO userForm = (UserBO)form;
BeanUtils.copyProperties(userForm,user);

myForm is just the ActionForm cast into the ActionForm I wrote that
implements UserBO.  This code compiles, but when it runs I get a
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No origin bean specified.  Does
anyone know why I am getting this error?  Is anyone else doing something
like this?  Anyone getting this error?