struts-user mailing list archives

From Matt Sgarlata <sgarl...@crystalcognition.com>
Subject [OT] Compression Filter
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2004 13:56:39 GMT
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to set up a compression filter based on the filter available
here: http://www.jspbook.com/code.jsp.  It runs fine on Tomcat.  It runs
fine on Oracle 9iAS for static content and JSPs, but does not work for
Struts actions.  For Struts actions, the actual ZIP content is displayed
in the browser, so I get a bunch of random characters.  Has anyone run
into a problem like this before?  I thought I saw something along these
lines in the archives but I couldn't find the thread again.

I copied the HTTP headers because I thought those were probably the
source of the problem.

Tomcat's headers (which work):
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Set-Cookie: JSESSIONID=68A3F06FF28A48DF4FFA2412E00B811B; Path=/jroc
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 13:38:49 GMT
Server: Apache Coyote/1.0

Oracle 9iAS 9.0.3's headers (which don't work):
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 13:16:34 GMT
Server: Oracle9iAS/9.0.2 Oracle HTTP Server
Set-Cookie:
JSESSIONID=2d9c159a18d44fb8aef9f439aa423d65.iy54-iDghOaUaN0Ka3D3lN4PbwSSa2SRbgSMc2SRckmTn3uInxyOaN4Ln30LmgSHc30Ka2bEqAXxmlaIiy54-iDghOaImQXH8N4OchqPbgbCpQPz8QvJpkixn6jAmljGr5XDqQLvpAe_;

Path=/jrctjava
Cache-Control: private

Any ideas?  Thanks in advance!

Matt