struts-user mailing list archives

From Rob Leland <lel...@speakeasy.net>
Subject [Fwd: Re: [Validator] call for testers.]
Date Thu, 15 Apr 2004 02:23:45 GMT

This thread started on the dev list and I am continuing it on the user list.

> My biggest problem in doing this is that the "official" release of
> Commons Validator is so old, and I require features in 1.1.2 dev. The
> company I work for has a policy concerning use of non-official
> software releases in production. I wish the Commons Validator project
> would release "official" releases more independently of Struts.  The
> 1.1.2 dev version seems stable; is there any chance the Validator
> project could go ahead and make an official release for it?

Since there are only a few users that use Validator
standalone, we are waiting for a release of struts so it can be used by
a wider group of users. If enough users can test the 1.1.2 unofficial
release we can vote on its quality based on feedback of users like you.
(I could also provide an unofficial build of the 1.1.2 BRANCH of validator
 that picks up a few bug fixes since 1.1.2 was cut. I also need to port over a few
more bug fixes from the main trubk. This may be necessary since the 1.2.0 version
of validator probably won't work with the nightly version of struts but I am not sure on this)

We could probably make wiki entries from users of validator 1.1.2 + to
justify a vote for an official release designation, such as beta.
We would need to create categories of the functionality that Validator has
and somehow capture how users have exercised that functionality.
Do you have any idea's , or would you care to organize that ?

-Rob

--
Robert Leland
Java, J2EE, Struts, Web Application Development

804 N. Kenmore Street		+01-703-525-3580
Arlington VA 22201