struts-user mailing list archives

From Franz-Josef Herpers <off...@fjh-consulting.de>
Subject Re: struts 1.1 and session handling
Date Thu, 15 Apr 2004 14:10:58 GMT
Dean A. Hoover wrote:

> I am using struts 1.1 and tomcat 5 for
> an application. I am also using DynaValidatorForm
> for validation of form data. Here is my problem:
> I want to test for (tomcat) session timeout and
> output a message on the users brower stating that
> their session timed out. I want to catch and process
> this situation wherever it may occur.

We use a BaseAction class for this purpose. The class extends Action and
checks in its execute method that the session is still valid.
At the and it calls another method of this class (we called that method
executeAction()). Of course every action then has to extend this
BaseAction class and override the executeAction() method.

Regards
Franz