struts-user mailing list archives

From Mario St-Gelais <legrimp...@sympatico.ca>
Subject Re: Struts and Hibernate
Date Thu, 22 Apr 2004 02:14:02 GMT
David Friedman wrote:

>Mario,
>
>Where is your hibernate.properties file? in WEB-INF/classes or somewhere
>else?
>
>Regards,
>David

It is actually working.  Started all over from scratch.  Can't figure
how exactly what went wrong except for one or two things.  Like the
example shows for the property file :

hibernate.dialect net.sf.hibernate.dialect.MySQLDialect
hibernate.connection.driver_class org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver
hibernate.connection.driver_class com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
hibernate.connection.url jdbc:mysql:///test
hibernate.connection.username testuser

See something wrong at line 4!!!!!  Of course I did not see this at first!!!
Should be hibernate.connection.url jdbc:mysql://localhost/test

As far as it goes for the jdbc driver, I use mysql-connector-java-3.0.9 and no problem there.
 So that is something to know I guess.
The Hibernate.properties file is in WEB-INF/classes.

Also I am not familiar with Ant.  But when using Eclipse like I do, I guess it is the best
way to compile all classes with Eclipse
i.e. it compiles automatically.   But then this here :

  12. Create directory |/com/edhand/example1| underneath
      |$TOMCAT/webapps/example1/WEB-INF/src/java|.

Causes a problem.  Because all packages are com.edhand, and Eclipse
compile in java.com.edhand...

Since then I also another example known as span.  No success so far.
And I haven't look at it for some days now...

Mario